THE TAYLOR FAMILY

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Hi my name is Rachel...

...and I am a bona fide food addict. No joke. My mom got me a book about it (gee thanks mom) and it really hits home.
This is the book, if anyone is curious about it

Anyway...I've been reading it and it's pretty enlightening. I do have a few problems with the book though.

     It has a huge list of foods you must abstain from. Wheat, flour, alcohol (which isn't a problem at all since I don't drink), sugar, sugary fruits...the list goes on. My problem with this is I guess I believe in anything in moderation, within reason. But the book says that these foods are all trigger foods and will trigger eating binges. I'm not too sure I believe that. I love bread and pasta, so I'd be miserable if I had to go the rest of my life without that stuff. Sugar and alcohol though...well maybe not so much sugar but definitely alcohol, are not a problem at all.

     So, instead of following this super strict food plan, I joined weight watchers. It's going well, except the last 3 days I've eating like crap (stupid family gatherings). Tomorrow will be a crappy eating day too because it's my cousin's graduation party. The good news is I haven't gained any weight...which is exciting since I've gained about 15 lbs since January. I wish I was joking. It's to the point where I have no self confidence. Zero. I avoid my friends like the plague, and I just in general feel like crap most days. I even am starting to get random bruising on my feet and ankles, probably from putting so much weight on them. I just know this is going to be a hard battle and I don't know where to begin. It's going to take so much hard work and dedication and some days I don't feel like I'm up for the fight.

So yeah...I'm sitting here and my pants are awfully snug, just reflecting on things and I decided to blog about it.


No comments:

Post a Comment